Ingredient safety and transparency is the raison d'être of this brand. To create luxurious, high performing color cosmetics that are vegan, sourced ethically and created safely is our message and calling.
You can find all the ingredients listed on each product, simply click on the 'MORE DETAILS' tab. If you have any questions, please send us a message via the live chat or email us at email@example.com.
We support the UN directive on sustainability and our intention is to get greener as we grow.
Every ingredient that we use has a purpose and is chosen to create safe, luxurious and luminous vegan products that rival the performance of conventional makeup.
Each ingredient is selected in a formula for its purity, efficacy, its effect on the environment and where/how it is sourced.
- All our product ingredients are cruelty free and vegan (PETA certified)
- Our products are EU certified, meeting they meet the most stringent safety requirements in the world
- If the ingredient can be sourced as Certified Organic (pesticide free), that is the one we choose. (Ingredients marked with '*' are certified organic in our product ingredient lists)
- All our minerals are low heavy metal and are ethically mined
- Mica vendors are verified child labor free and most are part of the Responsible Mica Initiative
- We do not use nanoparticle sized ingredients
- Phytonutrients and vitamins offer powerful antioxidant action helping the skin look vibrant and healthy
- Sappho is in the middle of testing all categories of products for the presence of Organic Fluorine which is a likely marker for PFAS and as we go forward, testing all formulations and packaging components in order to offer a line that is 100% tested for <10 ppm of organic fluorine.
We at SAPPHO prefer to stay away from controversial ingredients. We have decided that when it comes to making choices, we need to take into account the entire life cycle of that ingredient and if information is questionable or scant, we prefer to err on the side of safety; dimethicone and Japanese honeysuckle fall into this category, as well as animal based FD&C dyes and talc. Once we have sold through our red gloss for donation, we have made the decision to not use any petroleum based products such as FD&C dyes .
WE DO USE
- Organic moisture: shea butter, aloe vera, argan oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil
- Organic fruit extracts (phytonutrients): certified organic apple, pineapple, pomegranate
- Cold pressed organic essential oils: Frankincense, Bergamot (non photo sensitizing), Lavender, Tea tree, Cedarwood, Orange peel
- Organic plants: calendula, chamomile, thyme, rosemary, agave (Tequiliana) leaf, Rooibos, green tea, lemongrass
- Minerals with low heavy metal content
- Minerals certified ethically mined
- Vegetable waxes: candelilla, myrica and carnauba
WE DO NOT USE
- Animal/insect products and by-products including beeswax & carmine
- Silicones including dimethicone
- Animal derived FD&C dyes
- Synthetic emulsifiers
- Mineral oil
- Minerals mined by children
- Fragrance/parfum (instead we simply list all our scented ingredients)