Products and kit worth over 650.00
Ready to go green in 2017? Hold on…Not quite yet! It’s time to complete your makeup kit with the Sappho New Paradigm Box set!
We want to celebrate our new look with our loyal Sappho lovers AND give a chance to our wonderful NEW followers to see what we are all about. So, in order to celebrate in style, we’re offering YOU the chance to go green in style with the Sappho New Paradigm Box Set!
Give Me The Details!
On March 25th 2017, we will be giving away a luxury Sappho New Paradigm box set, to of our lucky followers, including a full collection adapted to your skin type and tone..
Tickle your fancy? It really couldn’t be easier to get involved.
The giveaway launches TODAY (January 25th) and will be closing on the 25th of March at 5pm, giving you plenty of time to sign in and get involved! The winner will be announced on the 29th March.
How to Enter:
Everyone can enter, whether you are an existing Sappho lover who joined us and looking to get involved. Simply
STEP 1: Follow Us on Instagram
STEP 2: Tag 3 friends who is or could be a Sappho Lover on one of the contest photos
STEP 3: Sign up to our newsletter on our website
As easy as that!
Winners will be announced on the Sappho Cosmetics social media channels and contacted via email by our team on the 29th March. For full terms and conditions see below.
Keep exploring the new products available on www.mysappho.com
Any feedback for us? Email us email@example.com
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- The promoter is : mysappho.com ( Sappho New Paradigm Inc) – BC 1033550) whose registered office is #170 444 Richards St Vancouver V6B2Z2.-. Employees of Sappho New Paradigm Cosmetics or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via: Blog link.
- Closing date and time for entry will be March 25th 2017 at 5pm PST. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
Prizes: Sappho New Paradigm Boxset adapted to the skin tone and type of the winner. Value: 650.00!!
- Sappho Cosmetics reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the competition will be sent to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners must be a Canadian or American resident and will be chosen at random by software provided by Sappho Cosmetics from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition terms and conditions are governed by Canadian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Canada.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Canadian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
It appears that cancer is everywhere, there are few people on this planet today whose lives have not been affected by this horrible disease. However we also seem to be desensitized by the magnitude of cases, referring to survivors matter of factly without taking into account the realities of this disease.
About 8 years ago, one morning at about 5 a.m. (as I was getting ready to go to work doing makeup on a feature film) someone knocked on my loft door. I opened the door and there was my neighbour T, 42, gorgeous but with left arm up in the air, her right arm pointing to an area just below her armpit saying “JoAnn feel this” and I did – it was a hard lump about 10cm round and all I could say was “T, you have to get this checked today”.
Well a few days later the results were in – 4b breast and lymphatic cancer – 5 is death.
I watched T go through literal hell for the next three years, I saw her nails turn black and fall off as a result of the chemo, I saw her break into incredibly painful rashes on her hairless head and body. I saw her have anxiety that sent us calling for the paramedics. I saw her on her hands and knees throwing up. I saw her lose so much weight she became a skeleton. I saw the fear in her eyes the day before she was having both her breasts removed. I saw the financial devastation this disease caused. Truly it was horrible!
We cannot be complacent ~ major manufacturers would have us believe that if we hold out long enough they will find a cure ~ but what about prevention? Cancer is caused by something and yet just like the tobacco companies no one wants to admit it and certainly not where it might affect the bottom line. T fought the fight of her life and so far she is alive and cancer free. T only eats organic food now and only uses products that are free of synthetic chemicals.
Which brings me to the raging debate on parabens. Parabens are petrochemical derived compounds, discovered in 1917, and at first it was thought to be good for treating women in menopause since they have a slight estrogenic effect on the body. Instead however they ended up in all our personal care items as preservatives.
Our skin is our largest organ and between 40-60% of what we put on our bodies enters our blood stream. Over 20 different types of parabens have been found in the middle of breast tumors and in 2002, parabens, due to their estrogenic activity, were found to cause increased uterine growth in animals. The same study first linked parabens to proliferation of two estrogen-dependent human breast cancer cells (Darbre et al, 2002)
In 2004 blood tests found parabens in breast milk and breast cancer tumors. Further to this, researchers from Brunel University in the UK discovered butylparaben to be the most estrogenic and postulate that parabens that are absorbed through the skin of pregnant women may act like an alien female hormone, affecting the development of the fetuses’ future fertility. Professor John Sumpter, wrote an article for The Independent, where he expressed concerns that parabens may play a role in explaining why sperm counts have been falling in men and breast cancer in women is on the rise. He did however note that the clinical results were based on animal studies only and the human trials have not been done.
So yes there needs to be more research done, independent of funding by major companies that actually own many of the cosmetic companies using parabens. In North America, these major chemical companies fund much of the cancer research and one at least owns not only numerous cancer treatment centers but also owns tamoxifen the most widely prescribed breast cancer drug.
For myself and those I love, parabens are not worth the risk. In today’s world we have high performance makeup, hair and skin care available that do not contain parabens or many other chemicals known or strongly suspected of being carcinogens.